Maryland license plates options
The state of Maryland offers different types of options when it comes to license plates, vanity plates, specialty plates or personalized plates.
However is important that you know the fees and the requirements of your new Maryland license plate before you decided to apply for one.
Maryland Agricultural license plates
If you choose to obtain the agricultural plate, you are not only getting a fresh design; you are supporting with your purchase to the Maryland.
Agricultural Education Foundation, which strives to promote the understanding and appreciation of the importance of agriculture in our
The Agricultural education foundation offers programs for kids in elementary, middle and high school in which they do workshops, labs, learn about nutrition, history, environmental science and more. Besides these programs, they showcase travels throughout Maryland to fairs, festivals and other events to share the importance of agriculture.
Maryland Chesapeake license plates
The Chesapeake Bay Trust offers different programs that focus on helping the community by enhancing the rivers, streams, and other natural resources of the Chesapeake region. If you live in Prince.
George’s County, you might have heard about the Prince George’s County Rain Check Rebate. The program offers incentives to homeowners, business, and others to install practices that improve stormwater runoff quality.
To obtain either the Agricultural plate or the Chesapeake Bay plate, you have to pay an initial fee and an annual fee that goes directly to the organization that you support. Also, keep in mind that not all vehicles can apply to obtain these plates, here is a list of the vehicles that can apply:
- Class A – Passenger cars.
- Class M – Multi-purpose vehicle.
- Class EFT – (Agricultural plate only).
- Class EPO – Trucks up to 1 ton (up to 26, 00 lbs).
- Class G – Trailer.
If you need help obtaining your Agricultural plate or Chesapeake Bay plate, we can assist you in one of our tag and title locations in Maryland!
Note: Keep in mind that the MVA charge an additional $20 fee on top of the registration fee to issue either the Chesapeake Bay plates or the Agricultural Plates. Also, the MVA has the right to raise or lower their prices at any time.
Handicap parking permits, placards or License plates for the Disabled
An individual with a disability may apply for:
- 1 set of disability plates.
- 1 placard.
- 1 Placard and 1 set of disability plates.
- 2 placards.
Note: If you own a motorcycle, you can apply for up to two motorcycle disability plates with any combination listed above.
What are placards?
Placards were meant to facilitate the transportation of an individual with temporary disabilities or with a total disability; the convenient design makes it easy to move them from your vehicle or a vehicle in which you are riding that is owned by someone else.
- To discourage theft, please conceal your placard when is not in use.
- Placards need to be removed from the rearview mirror whenever the vehicle is in motion.
- If your vehicle does not have an inside mirror or the inside mirror is not visible from the rear, you may display your placard on top of the dashboard on the driver’s side.
- You must have a copy of your medical certification in your possession whenever you use your placards or plates.
- You must present your medical certification to any law enforcement officer upon request.
You can apply for a temporary placard in Maryland in case you suffer an injury which is supposed to last for a minimum of three weeks. Keep it in mind that your application needs to be certified by an approved physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, optometrist, podiatrist or chiropractor.
Fees for disability plates and placards
- There is no fee for placard(s).
- Request for a set of disability plates requires the assessment of a substitute/replacement tag fee.
- $20 Application fee.
Download the application for Maryland Parking Placards/License Plates for individuals with a Disability.
Thank you for reading our blog and we hope to see you soon in one of our locations. In Alfonso Tag and Title we strive to provide you with quality information and excellent service!
Learn more about our tag and title services in Maryland.
Tag and title locations near you
Phone number: 301 – 585 – 3915
Phone number: 301 – 254 – 3194
Phone number: 410 – 553 – 4774
Phone number: 443 – 559 – 8696